Sometimes I just get distracted by good looks. Check out these beautiful looms by Craftsanity:
Then I crocheted two rows of single crochet around each square, using a size N hook. Both the weaving and the crochet was done in one inch strips of fabric that were folded in half.
Then I put two squares together and crocheted around them using a single crochet stitch. Before I did the final side, I inserted a 2 by 14 inch foam cushion.
So after a lot of fabric ripping and folding and weaving and crocheting, I now have six lovely cushions and an even softer life. Along with wanting a reason to buy these looms that are so pleasing to touch and look at, I wanted a project to use up a noticeable amount of fabric. This project really did use a lot of fabric! The original color scheme was red and turquoise. I had to keep expanding the definition of turquoise as I dug through the fabric stash, but red was not much of a problem. There always seems to be plenty of that.