Yes, early... but better than late, right? I have been working in the yard and sewing a couple of bed sized quilts, neither of which have blog-worthy results. I did finish the third "Patriotic Bird Banner" (although I keep thinking it needs more sequins) a few days ago. Something a little funny happened with it... I made these quilts by sewing together odds and ends of red, white and blue fabrics in a very random way around three bird prints. This last one ended up with a spot that really looked like a 4.
I tried to ignore it, but it just kept shouting out to me that it should be highlighted. The 4 seemed to think it should have th of July added to it. I tried to convince the piece that embroidery would not show up well enough, but I finally gave up and gave in.
I was right, though, it doesn't really show up. Maybe a darker colored floss would have helped.
Maybe I'll do another line of embroidery in dark blue around each letter...